Thursday, March 5, 2020

REVIEW: Gilded Lily (Bennet Brothers #2) by Staci Hart


Title: Gilded Lily
Series: Bennet Brothers #2
Author: Staci Hart
Goodreads | Amazon


RATING:

REVIEW
“I promise to carry you through life, to comfort and protect you. To keep you safe. You asked me once what my passion was, and I’ve finally found it. It’s you.”
Gilded Lily continues the story about the Bennets, focusing on Kash who works at the Longbourne greenhouse and Lila Parker, one of the most sought-out wedding planners.

Lila Parker is one of my favorite female characters now. I instantly gravitate towards characters like her. As said in the book, “She was strength and power, determination and will.” She also keeps her feelings locked up; she hides it to protect herself.

Kash Bennet is also such a good male lead and love interest. He has such a good heart, he cares deeply about his family and Lila. He’s always doting on her too, wanting to make sure she gets what she deserves. He's also very calm and collected, even during stressful situations.

Their relationship is really something else. I’m such a sucker for the kind of dynamic they have. What started as a friends-with-benefits situation in an attempt to get Lila a “distraction” turned into so much more. I could feel them slowly start to fall for each other as moments blurred together, even Lila couldn't pinpoint exactly when she started falling for Kash.

Lila seemed indestructible but she trusted Kash to show him that little crack in her armor. Kash saw through her, he made Lila feel understood and appreciated. He became her safe place.

As usual, the Bennets are a highlight of this book. Another conflict regarding Longbourne Flower Shop, their family legacy, was introduced here which will get resolved in the next book so I’m looking forward to that. They are such a unit and are always supporting each other. I also enjoyed reading about Ivy from the first book and she definitely has more scenes here since she is Lila’s sister which I’m thankful for!! Her relationship with Dean is so cute too!

If there's anything I didn't like, it's how the conflict between Lila and Kash was dealt with but it’s just a minor issue (that didn't last long!) and overall I still really enjoyed the book.

This is without a doubt my favorite Staci Hart book to date!! (and one of my favorite romance books ever!)

   ♡, Z.



No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.