Sunday, May 31, 2020

May 2020 Wrap-Up

Reading-wise, this month pales in comparison to the previous months. It was in May when my obsession for the South Korean variety show Running Man went in full blast. I wanted to watch episodes more than I wanted to read, so I didn't get to read a lot. 

Besides that, this month also had a few good moments -- I celebrated my 21st birthday and got an award at work for my performance last April! The latter feels amazing especially since I only got hired last March and I feel like I'm underperforming most of the time.

Anyway, onto the books I read:

*Click on the titles for my review or Goodreads link.


I finished my Harry Potter reread this month! I only read books 1-5 years ago. When the quarantine started last March, I wanted to read something comforting so I started the audiobook for the first book. Two months later, I've gone through the entire 7 books. I loved this experience so much, it was nice having this series to make me smile when I'd get stressed out because of work.

Moving on...

The news about Disney+ picking up the TV adaptation for the Percy Jackson series came out and I AM SO DAMN EXCITED. It's all my 11-year-old self ever wanted. Because of that, I am attempting to reread the 5 books this year as well. Listening to audiobooks has been comforting to me so I want to keep it going through my childhood rereads.

My childhood golden trio is composed of (1) the Harry Potter series, (2) Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and (3) A Series of Unfortunate Events. Percy Jackson getting another shot for an adaptation means I'll be having a WELL-DONE adaptation for these three series and that makes my heart so happy. Yes, I am confident in the TV adaptation especially since Rick Riordan himself and his wife is fully involved in it now

I have so many anticipated romance reads coming out in July including Engagement and Espionage by Penny Reid, Faked by Karla Sorensen, and Secrets of the World's Worst Matchmaker by Piper Rayne. I am sooo excited to read them! 

                                                                                                                          ♡, Z.
instagram | twitter | goodreads
Never miss a post by following 
this blog through email / Bloglovin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
emerge © , All Rights Reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Sadaf F K.